Re: Commas in a series

Subject: Re: Commas in a series
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 14:05:56 EST

I hope you were serious when you said all comments were welcome, Pam.

IMHO, it really doesn't matter which style you use. Simply pick one, be
consistent, and have the source handy in case someone questions you.

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI-PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com

We have an ongoing disagreement in our office as to the proper use of
commas in a simple series. This IS elementary, I agree, but it is time
for a definitive answer and I'm turning to you!

One "camp" follows the AP Stylebook (The flag is red, white and blue.)

The other holds to The Elements of Style (The flag is red, white, and
blue.)

Preferences, please? All comments are welcome. Thanks, Pam

| PAM NORTH |
| pnorth -dot- dpsnet -at- sisnet -dot- clackesd -dot- k12 -dot- or -dot- us |