advertising messages from taford -at- delphi -dot- com

Subject: advertising messages from taford -at- delphi -dot- com
From: Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- III-DEVL -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 11:46:34 EDT

Text item: Text_1

Today, as a subscriber to TECHWR-L -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET (Technical Communications
issues), I received an unsolicited message from TAFORD -at- DELPHI -dot- COM that said
"Income opportunities from Investment Banker - Interested?"

The TECHWR-L list is not a vehicle for advertisement of services. It is a
means of exchanging professional knowledge and experiences concerning the
Technical Communication profession and area of study, including advice to
those who are searching for employment in this field and listings of
specific positions available for application.

TAFORD's posting is an abuse of the list, which is provided as a service
free of charge to subscribers. (Oklahoma State University and the list
owner, EJRAY -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU are gracious hosts.) TAFORD is not a member
of this list and indicates no knowledge of or interest in the Technical
Communication profession. Therefore, his or her posting is unwelcome and a
waste of resources for a non-profit institution.

Now that Delphi has been made aware of this problem, Delphi's management or
sysops should take reasonable steps to make sure that this abuse does not
continue by means of the Delphi gateway to the Internet. Perhaps a
reminder about the importance of trust and respect in using the Internet
will suffice. While Delphi is a for-profit concern and OSU is non-profit,
we who subscribe to TECHWR-L appreciate any assistance is promoting mutual
respect among all who use the Internet.

Jane Torpie
Principal Technical Writer
Easel Corporation
Burlington, MA, USA
617-221-2100
"My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer."
JTorpie -at- EaselCor -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com <-------- new address!