Re: Z.I.P.

Subject: Re: Z.I.P.
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 09:20:37 EDT

Not that it matters, but I'm afraid I have to disagree with Andreas'
suggestion that the old-style U.S. state abbreviations are still appropriate.
I believe that the current standard is to simply use the USPS 2-letter
abbreviations. Frankly, if I saw "Tex." in a document (as opposed to "TX"),
I'd assume I was looking at rather old and undoubtedly inaccurate and
outdated information.

Perceptions and connotations again.

Now, if I'm truly using the state name in a sentence ("Y'all come to
Texas!"), I'm not going to use any abbreviation at all.

suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com in TX