Re: Pronouncing TECHWR-L/the infamous stickers

Subject: Re: Pronouncing TECHWR-L/the infamous stickers
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 13:25:35 -0500

At the STC Annual conference, several list subscribers
had the opportunity to meet face-to-face. As the one
handing out yellow stickers*, I often had awkward
moments trying to pronounce TECHWR-L. I finally settled
on "tech writer's list," which is also what Eric Ray says,
I think.

I did run at least one list member who says "tech W-R-L."

Perhaps we should collect our proposed pronunciations and
either

a. democratically vote on one, or
b. ask Eric to settle the issue when he returns from
his Minnesota road tour.

LaVonna F. Funkhouser
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com

* The stickers were of two varieties. One said, "TECHWR-L makes
me :-)" and the other said "You've got another ____ coming on
Saul Carliner at the Honors Banquet. Next time, I'd probably make
one that says "I'm a TECHWR-L lurker!"
They were inexpensive and easy to make. (Easy for me, at least; I
had a friend do the work!) If you want to know how, write to me.--LF

PS: I had a blast getting to meet some of you!