Viewer 2.0 experts?

Subject: Viewer 2.0 experts?
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 10:22:00 PDT

One of my co-tech communicators is presently in a very tight spot: a
higher-up is damned and determined we're GONNA "have multimedia" in the next
version of one of our flagship products come hell or high water. Now, she
has a Master's in educational tech, and no shortage of experience in
multimedia authoring, BUT:

o This is the first time our department does multimedia ANYthing,
o She has a paltry three months to do this
o We have no departmental standard for mm authoring software
o We have to pick something PRONTO

She's on the verge of going with Viewer 2.0 -- in fact, we don't have much
choice. However, she would still like to hear what people are using as
collateral tools. If you're using or have used Viewer 2, what are you using
to produce your collateral sound, animation, etc., files? What CAN you use?

We'd also like to hear about what mm file formats Viewer 2 supports natively
(e.g., .FLI animation?) as we've had a tough time getting information from
MS about this puppy. Sheesh, you think it'd be EASY to get mailed or faxed
some propaganda....

Thanx
PatO'
|Patrick Brian O'Connell > Intermediate Technical Writer|
|Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com < Eicon Technology Corporation|
|Tel: (H) 514-482-9279 > (B) 514-631-9825 x250|
|------"Ciall agus neart">>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Strength and knowledge"-----|