Reply to various thoughts

Subject: Reply to various thoughts
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 04:47:00 UTC

Just a comment on pressing ENTER. I often do one-on-one instruction with my
student at the computer. The first thing I have to caution him or her about
is not to press ENTER until I say so. If I don't say that, then they will
press ENTER before the required information is completed and we have to go
back and try again.

I intermediate and above computer users will press ENTER after the command
unless instructed otherwise. HOWEVER, if I was *writing* the instructions,
I too would say to press ENTER. Some screens require more than a command
before pressing ENTER.

-Marilynne