Re: To degree or not...

Subject: Re: To degree or not...
From: BurkBrick -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 13:56:41 EDT

Saul Carliner asks:

>But that's what they think. What did their employers tell them, after they
>were hired?
-------------------------

To be honest, I don't really know. I believe I am usually hired based on my
experience, not my education.

However, I can tell you that it's worth dollars. In my first "real" job (not
in technical writing), two years of college was worth an extra $2K per year
salary. Once I got my degree (I started in technical writing before I
completed my degree), I leveraged the degree into $6K per year more, but I
had to quit my job and find another one to do so.

BTW, I have a B.A. in English and am pursuing a B.S. in Electrical
Engineering.

Barb