Extracting Text from Frame Docs, Was RE: Complaining about Courier

Subject: Extracting Text from Frame Docs, Was RE: Complaining about Courier
From: Frank Stearns <franks -at- PACIFIER -dot- RAIN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 12:35:55 -0700

Glen writes:

> Courier isn't such a terrible font, even for letters. Because the stroke
> widths are even, it prints well (enough) at any resolution. It also has
> the ability to survive multiple faxings, as often happens to resumes.

How very true, especially when moving info around the net.

The problem is avoiding seperate or specially formatted docs just to
support an "Ascii only" look.

If you're a FrameMaker user we have a filter available called "FM2A"
(FrameMaker-to-Ascii). FM2A will extract and format text from your
fully formatted FrameMaker docs. Tables, tabs, bullets, hanging indents,
numbered paragraphs, and other special constructs can be emulated in the
Ascii output stream.

If you'd like additional information, please email us for details.

Frank Stearns

+ -- T O L L F R E E ( I n U S A ) : 8 0 0 / 5 6 7 - 6 4 2 1 -- +
| Frank Stearns | Developers of Tools for FrameMaker(r) |
| Frank Stearns Associates | Developers of Custom Software Tools |
| 206/892-3970 fx:206/253-1498 | Designers of Online Environments |
| franks -at- pacifier -dot- rain -dot- com | Contract Writers and Editors |