job shops

Subject: job shops
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 07:12:00 UTC

I work for an agency. They gave me a six-month contract. I've been working
at the same company on a renegotiated contract for two years. I have no
sick leave, vacation, or holiday pay, but I do have health insurance, a 401K
plan, and some other benefits.

The best benefit for me, is that I can take as many days off as I wish, so
long as the client is happy (more than 3 weeks last year). My yearly salary
was respectable, in spite of the days off (there were also nights of
overtime).

So, since I don't have to pay the mortgage, I'd say I'm happy being a
contractor. It will be interesting to hear what others say.

-Marilynne