An error as big as the side of a barn (sort of)

Subject: An error as big as the side of a barn (sort of)
From: "Lori A. Moreland" <lamorela -at- CS -dot- HH -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 11:43:26 -0400

Here's a giggle for all you techwhirlers. I'm sure you've run into similar
things. I've spent the morning comparing an engineer's report with the copy I'm
correcting in my manual. While reading the engineer's document, I came across
this discussion of alarms (short excerpt here):
...the bits in this data file...are assigned for alarms only and are not to be
modified in any way. Failure to comply may result in alarming problems.

I'm sure!
lamorela -at- cs -dot- hh -dot- ab -dot- com