Re: FrameMaker Menu captu

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Menu captu
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 10:37:00 UTC

>> . . . someone asked me why we bother to include menus in written
>> documentation. I have to admit, I now wonder too . . .

Some people learn best from words and some people learn best from pictures.
Most of us benefit from a combination of both.

When you do screen captures that show the actual progress through the task,
it verifies what you are saying with the words. If I look at the screen
capture and see that my screen is not the same, I know I'm in trouble.
Also, if the words are unclear as to where something should be entered, one
look at the screen capture should clarify this for me.

If I had to chose between screen captures and descriptive text, I'd probably
chose screen captures.

-Marilynne