ISO 9000 Questions

Subject: ISO 9000 Questions
From: "thoyt -at- qualcomm -dot- com" <thoyt -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 14:27:04 -0700

I wanted to post this again. Our network was down last week, and I am not
sure this got through.

My company is currently implementing ISO 9000 standards, and the tech.
pubs. dept. is tasked with creating a 8-10 step list of the generic tasks
that go into creating one of our standard technical manuals. The list will
reference other internal documents we will create that contain detail
procedures, style sheets, etc. The question I have is: Has anyone gone
through, or is currently going through, the ISO certification procedure who
has some insight they can share with us? How strict are the auditors when
they evaluate the procedures? Has anyone gone through the whole process and
been audited on a yearly or semi-annual basis?

--
Tom Hoyt
thoyt -at- qualcomm -dot- com

NOTE: The views expressed are my own and are not be construed or
interpreted as those of QUALCOMM, Inc.