Go easy on those hyphens, please.

Subject: Go easy on those hyphens, please.
From: "Sue Gier, JMU Computing Support (703)568-6301" <OIT_SUE -at- VAX1 -dot- ACS -dot- JMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 08:45:23 -0500

I have a small request to make of posters to TECHWR-L. Could you
please go easy on using lines of hyphens as separators? I receive
the list in digest format. And I use my computer system's text
editor to read a day's worth of messages. So to skip from posting
to posting, I search for the next string of hyphens that separate
each message. It works great except when there's other lines of
hyphens within the messages--such as in the signature lines.

I know, the hyphens look nice, but could you use something else?
Say asterisks or underscores? Or perhaps the digest software
could be changed to use something more unique:

Sue Gier
James Madison University