1994 Region 8 Conference Call for Papers

Subject: 1994 Region 8 Conference Call for Papers
From: "Bonni J. Graham" <bgraham -at- ELECTRICITI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 09:00:11 PST

Interested in presenting at the Region 8 Conference to be held in San Diego,
on November 11-12, 1994?

Follow four simple steps to volunteer:
1. Check inside (below) to see into which stem and format your topic fits.

2. Write a sentence-format outline describing your presentation.

3. Fill in the Presenter form.

4. Send it and your outline to the appropriate Stem Manager.

We'll notify you if your topic is accepted.

INTERPRETING
Between the audience and the subject matter often lies a comprehension
gulf. If your presentation explores writing, editing, indexing, or
production techniques to bring the information and the informed closer
together, send an outline by July 16, 1994 to:

TOM HOYT
362 San Antonio Ave. #2
San Diego, CA 92106-3545

INTERACTING
When we meet with subject matter experts, our bosses, or prospective
employers, we face a different rift. If your presentation addresses
employment, SME interviewing techniques, or other intra-company
communication issues, send an outline by July 16, 1994 to:

JACK MOLISANI
130 Oval Rd.
Irvine, CA 92714

INTERFACING
New technology is constantly emerging -- five years ago, multimedia was
something only the wealthiest companies could afford. If your presentation
explores the frontiers of technology (such as multimedia,
object-orientation, or the Internet), send your outline by July 16, 1994
to:

HELENA JERNEY
1055 Escalon Ave., #808
Sunnyvale, CA 94086

The three formats are:

PAPER: One or more speakers present information, describing an overview of
or details about a single topic.

WORKSHOP: One or more speakers instruct the audience, providing experience
with practicing a technique.

PANEL: Several panelists discuss a topic, answering audience questions.
NOTE: You must have panelists ready.

PRESENTER FORM

Please fill out the following form as completely as you can -- we need this
information for our presenter database. The Stem Managers reserve the
right to reclassify the format or stem of any submitted outline.

NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY/STATE/ZIP

PHONE (indicate day or evening):

PREFERRED STEM:

PREFERRED FORMAT:

EQUIPMENT NEEDED

I understand that if my paper(s) is (are) accepted, I must be present at
the 1994 Region 8 Conference (Nov. 11-12, 1994)* or find a replacement.

SIGNED:

DATE:

* Speakers may attend the conference for the cost of their measl (to be
announced in the acceptance letter).

Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
Director, Region 8 Conference