OS/2 Screen Capture Utility

Subject: OS/2 Screen Capture Utility
From: Gregory=Kushmerek%AcctgMed%FIN -at- HUMRES-SERVER -dot- NET -dot- TUFTS -dot- EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 09:07:56 EDT

> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 13:02:51 EDT
> From: Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- III-DEVL -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
> Subject: screen capture utility in OS/2 2.1?

> We need a screen capture utility that will work in OS/2 2.1. For quite a
> while, we used a piece of shareware called Clip'nSave (I don't remember the
> version offhand). We have the original (registered) disk but not much
> else, and now we've discovered that it works with OS/2 2.0 but not OS/2
> 2.1.

Since version 2.0, I've used PRNTSCRN 2.0.0 which works even now
on Ferengi with the CSD (OS/2 for Windows 2.11). It makes great
bitmaps that you can color-map or dither. You can also convert
the image to a file in either Win BMP, OS/2 BMP, GIF, TIFF, and
some others I can't remember.

Recently it was either OS/2 Professional or OS/2 Magazine which
reviewed six screen capture utilities, and PRNTSCRN came out
on top with one reservation: no Postscript capabilities.

It costs about $100, the company is MITNOR Software in Broken Arrow, OK.
Usually, I could just go over and get more information on it except
that I'm in DOS now so I can use TCP/IP. If you want more information
from me, send me some return email at gwk -at- world -dot- std -dot- com

Cheers,

--gk

Greg Kushmerek
(I keep my alter-ego in the trunk)