International A4 vs US letter

Subject: International A4 vs US letter
From: Doug Osborn <doug -at- CITR -dot- UQ -dot- OZ -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 11:10:47 EST

A voice from a frequent lurker on the list:

This US letter versus International A4 has really touched on one of my pet
hates. I see postings from USAmericans describing the problems they are
having with "German" or "Holland" or "European" A4 size paper. Let's get a
couple of things straight:

- A4 is an international standard
- US letter is (obviously) a USA standard.

The problem is *not* with "them foreign countries" adopting a funny paper
size, but with the USA standardizing on something else, which causes
problems in international markets.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug Osborn | Centre for Information Technology Research
Technical writer | Level 6, Gehrmann Laboratories
InterNet: doug -at- citrus -dot- uq -dot- oz -dot- au | The University of Qld, St Lucia
Phone : +61 7 365 4475 | Qld, Australia 4072. Fax: +61 7 365 4399