Re: Freelance Writer

Subject: Re: Freelance Writer
From: "Ernst S. Sibberson" <Sibbern -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 10:33:49 EDT

I'm not sure if this got transmitted, 'cuz I got no responses. So here it is
again.

Some of you have asked for my location. I live in Huron, Ohio. Huron is
about half-way between Toledo and Cleveland. I do the bulk of my work by
snail mail, E-mail and electronic file transfer.

Again, I have been a technical copy writer for over 25 years and have written
on everything from acoustics to welding. I am familiar with government specs
and Air Transport Association's ATA Specification 100 (especially component
maintenance manuals--10 years experience).

Recently, I wrote an ATA-100 Component Maintenance Manual Supplier Style
Guide for a major aircraft engine manufacturer, and a 28-page technical
catalog and product data sheets for a major manufacturer of vortex air
generating equipment.

NOTE:

I am in the process of writing a book (about 75% complete) called How to
Write Effective Technical Manuals. Its main purpose is to guide students
through a "step-by-step" process of how to write a technical manual from the
Statement of Purpose to the final product. If any of you have thoughts or
items that should be included, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

For more information on my technical writing services, please E-mail me at
Sibbern -at- aol -dot- com Thanks.

Ernst S. Sibberson