Re: Name for Help

Subject: Re: Name for Help
From: "Less is more." <yvonne -at- VENUS -dot- SMARTSTAR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 08:54:55 -0700

Our product allows people to display short context-sensitive messages in
a field of their choosing. It doesn't look like the Microsoft-style
status bar. (Though maybe you could make it look like that if you worked at
it.)

Anyway, we call the field that designer chooses to display the message in
the "MessageField". We call the message a "HelpMessage". These are one-word
names of object attributes. In text for end-users, we would call it a
help message.

These certainly aren't standard names, just ideas.

Yvonne DeGraw
yvonne -at- smartstar -dot- com (use this address instead of yvonne -at- venus -dot- smartstar -dot- com)
Santa Barbara, CA