Internet Guides

Subject: Internet Guides
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 10:52:12 CDT

|} The time is ripe for an easy to use, easy to understand user's guide to the
|} Internet. If I'm behind the times, please give title and author.
|}
|} -Marilynne
|}

Um, if you have access to anonymous ftp, you can download the Electronic
Frontier Foundations, ``Big Dummy's Guide to the Internet.'' It is a text
only document that will give you a good foothold. It was last updated in
October of 93, so it is fairly current.

Look for it at gatekeeper.dec.com /.3/net/info/big-dummys-guide
or osprey.telcom.arizona.edu /NETWORKS.DIR;1/INTERNET.DIR;1.

Mac weenies can get an hqx'd version at sumex-aim.stanford.edu
/info-mac/comm

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "She understood, as he did, that all writing
was infernally boring and futile, but that it had to be done out of respect
for tradition" --Stanislaw Lem