summary of OS/2 screen capture suggestions

Subject: summary of OS/2 screen capture suggestions
From: Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- III-DEVL -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 15:26:37 EDT

Text item: Text_1

Thank you to the six people who responded so quickly to my query. (My
apologies for the lag in posting the summary.) Note that under PRNTSCRN
there is a reference to a trade magazine software review. I haven't found
the issue in our corporate library, but perhaps it will be useful to
someone else out there in TECHWR-Land.

PM Camera /2
Supports OS/2 BMP, OS/2 clipboard, PSEG38PP, and Postscript formats. It
can capture whole screen, one window, or selected portion of
screen/window. No information about how well it works with WinWord or
WordPerfect. To obtain, try contacting an IBM retailer, rep, or 1-800
number. (Yes, it available outside of IBM.)

courtesy of Michael Priestley, mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com

PRNTSCRN 2.0
Works even now on Ferengi with the CSD (OS/2 for Windows 2.11). It
makes great bitmaps that you can color-map or dither. You can also
convert the image to a file in either Win BMP, OS/2 BMP, GIF, TIFF, and
some others I can't remember.

Recently it was either OS/2 Professional or OS/2 Magazine which
reviewed six screen capture utilities, and PRNTSCRN came out
on top with one reservation: no Postscript capabilities.

Mitnor Software
28411 E. 55 Street South
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma 74014
(918) 357-1628 (only number; no 800 line)

Courtesy of Barbi Harrison, harrison -at- dsnvx1 -dot- sinet -dot- slb -dot- com
and Greg Kushmerek, gwk -at- world -dot- std -dot- com

Collage PM
Works with OS/2 2.1 with no problems. Possibly available from Publishing
Perfection. Definitely available from
Inner Media, Inc.
60 Plain Road
Hollis, NH 03049
603 465-3216
603 465-7195 fax

Version 1.01 came out in the spring. No information about upgrades
since then.

courtesy of Mike Christie, mikec -at- syntel -dot- com -or- mchristi -at- netcom -dot- com
and of Michael Cooperman, michael_cooperman -at- mathworks -dot- com

Additional Information
Post questions in in OS2-L, available from "listserv -at- cornell -dot- edu". May
need to subscribe before posting.

courtesy of Rich Sobocinski, Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207 -at- gate -dot- pnl -dot- gov

Jane Torpie
Member of Technical Staff - Principal Technical Writer
Easel Corporation
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
617-221-2100
JTorpie -at- EaselCor -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com <-------- new address!