Abstracts...

Subject: Abstracts...
From: Margaret Redding <ab555 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 16:30:33 GMT

I've been offered some work editing abstracts of technical papers. In most
cases I won't have the full text of the paper--just the abstract. It seems
I have to "jazz" these abstracts up and make them sound interesting.

I'd appreciate any insights or experiences from people who have done this
kind of work. I'm a bit puzzled about how I can know if the abstract truly
reflects what is in the paper, if I don't have the paper.

Margaret Redding
--
Margaret Redding ab555 -at- freenet -dot- carleton -dot- ca
Ottawa, Ontario