Headers, Footers, & Page Nbrs.

Subject: Headers, Footers, & Page Nbrs.
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 09:07:36 PDT

First of all, before I make another request of you all (or y'all as we say in
the south), I must compliment the people who have provided insight and
information over the past few months. The cooperation that I have seen among
you and your readiness to open your minds has been heartwarming. I deeply
appreciate it and will reciprocate whenever and however possible.

Now to my questions. I would appreciate hearing from you with regard to
headers, footers, and page numbering. In my task of untying the Gordian knot
of document styles here, I would like to know if and how you use headers and
footers, what they contain, what fonts/attributes you use, and how and where
you present the page numbers.

I have formed a tentative standard for us, which I will share so that you may
provide me feedback on it. The standard is as follows:
No header, footers only. Footer font is serif, 10pt, italic (the same as the
base font).

Even footer contains page nbr flush left (outside edge of page) followed by
the manual title. The month and year are flush right (inside edge of page),
as follows:
22 Manual Title June 1994

Odd footer contains the date again, flush left (inside edge) with the chapter
title and page number flush right (outside edge) as follows:
June 1994 Chapter Title 23

The reasoning behind this is that, if a page is lost, both the doc title and
chapter title will be available on each page.

As ever, thanks in advance for your efforts.

David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com
"Perfection may never be achieved, but must be attempted"