Putting a logo in the background of a text page

Subject: Putting a logo in the background of a text page
From: "Contr Karl E. Vogel" <vogelke -at- C-17IGP -dot- WPAFB -dot- AF -dot- MIL>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 1994 23:15:10 -0400

>> On Thu, 30 Jun 1994 16:37:21 GMT,
>> Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com> said:

Caryn> Is it possible to put something (like a logo) in the background on a
Caryn> text page? For example, sometimes I have seen the word 'draft' show
Caryn> up behind the text, but the text still displays.

Here's some PostScript code which puts the word "DRAFT" diagonally
across a page in light grey letters. We insert it right after each
pagebreak in a generated PostScript file when we need a draft copy of
something. (I know, the whole world's not PostScript... :)

%-----START POSTSCRIPT DRAFT PAGE-----
gsave

/font /Helvetica-Bold def
/pointsize 72 def
/text (DRAFT) def

/center {dup stringwidth pop
2 div neg 0 rmoveto} def
306 396 moveto
.8 setgray
font findfont pointsize scalefont setfont
45 rotate
24 0 text center ashow
grestore
%-----END POSTSCRIPT DRAFT PAGE-----

--
Karl Vogel vogelke -at- c-17igp -dot- wpafb -dot- af -dot- mil [134.136.19.253]