Re: Advice sought re:office setup

Subject: Re: Advice sought re:office setup
From: Heilan Yvette Grimes <HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 1994 16:32:45 EDT

>Posted on: America Online (using the Internet)

>Could the advice be sent directly to Amanda, instead of the whole list?
>It would also reduce the religious wars re: PC vs. Mac. As my wife says:
>Mac people are the Scientologists of Computering.

>yrs,
>andreas

I believe the purpose of a list to have an open discussion, proposing ideas
and solutions. Others read those ideas or solutions and either agree or
disagree. Amanda asked her question to receive feedback, I assume, hoping the
people on the list would respond and help. Someone might read my advice and
find it useful or useless and comment, thereby enhancing Amanda's knowledge.
What is the purpose of the list if responses should subsequently be sent
privately by e-mail?

I noticed that you have posted notes concerning WHAT MOVE ON SCREEN? and To
Do Lists. Why didn't you send these privately as you suggest I send my
comments to Amanda privately. I suggest it is because you want comments and
feedback. Since you can read the heading you don't have to read it, you can
delete it. Others might be interested.

Also, concerning Mac people being the Scientologist of Computering. Maybe Mac
people evangelize the Mac because they have something worthwhile to
evangelize. You always hear of people switching from IBM (DOS/WINDOWS/UNIX,
etc.) to Mac. You never hear of anyone switch from a Mac to the other
systems. (I'm sure that will bring out the comments.)

--Yvette