Re: WHAT MOVES ON SCREEN?

Subject: Re: WHAT MOVES ON SCREEN?
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 13:32:54 EDT

A correction from the other list:

Minor correction/clarification: the language referred to in Lakoff's
book does not use a single word for women, fire, and dangerous things,
but has grammatical classes (these function similarly to gender in
Indo-European languages, but there are several and they do not usually
map to sex) and women, fire, and dangerous things are all in the
same class in their language. I think the book is from the mid-1980s,
but I don't have a copy here to clarify that.

Vicki Rosenzweig
Associate Editor, Computing Reviews