Re: Looking for a Bibl

Subject: Re: Looking for a Bibl
From: ATATTT Documentation Department <att -at- GREX -dot- CYBERSPACE -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 11:45:31 -0400

Nancy writes "I've been out o touch ...f touch
with current trends and techniques in technical writing. I've been so
concerned with budgets and schedules and the like that I've lost touch with
the craft. To make things worse, I'm the only writer at my current
company, so
I don't even have the benefit of colleagues to help keep me informed

I understand how you feel - pity that the STC is not an option - that's how
I got back after 4 years gone due to children. The ITCC is a great
way to get a "total immersion" update.

Books I've found helpful include anything by Bill Horton (on-line dox and
info. strucutre), I'm also fond of "Looking Good in Print" by Roger Parker
and Diana Reep's "Technical Writing: Principles, Strategies, & Readings".