standards in writing

Subject: standards in writing
From: David Oberstadt <daveo -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 15:42:53 PDT

Ok, because it's Friday...

For all of you who want to have standards in writing,
you might as well follow IBM's. We are bigger than
almost everybody anywhere in the world and have
been around for a long, long time. (not me--IBM!)

I think Michael P., Chuck Martin, and myself can all
help to enforce this. Since we all want to have
standards, we will have to punish those who don't
comply. Would somebody recommend some appropriate
disciplinary measures?

I would send you all a copy of _IBM Style_, but it
is Internal Use Only. I suggest you all get OS/2,
since we need to have standard operating systems
and all. Oh yes, and get the IBM Dictionary of
Computing so you are all using the same terminology.
(It's available through McGraw-Hill.)

The world will be so much nicer once everyone
conforms to the way we do things. (I'd use a smile,
but I don't want to look cute.)

David Oberstadt
daveo -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com