Re: Printing process for...

Subject: Re: Printing process for...
From: Grace Joely Beatty <Empressgjb -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 13:29:25 EDT

>Jim Snowden asks how to get screenshots of Windows (and
>OS/2) windows printed with good quality screen shots.

Jim,

I use PictureEze to capture screens (and Collage Complete when I need the
cursor). More important than the capture program, I feel, is the color
palette you use on your screen. We have found through much trial and error
that for black and white printing the Windows default colors (with some
modifications) work best. We capture the screens in 256 color (640 x 480)
rather than in grey scale.

If you're interested in the exact modifications, I'd be happy to send you the
details. Or, you can call me and we'll go over them on the phone.

We print on a HP LaserJet 4 printer at 300 dpi (600 dpi doesn't seem to
affect the quality significantly).

Let me know if I can be of help.

Joely

Joely Beatty
619-944-5511 (San Diego area)
AOL = Empressgjb
Internet = Empressgjb -at- aol -dot- com

July 19, 1994
10:15 am