Re: Unsuscribe please

Subject: Re: Unsuscribe please
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 13:34:01 CDT

|}
|} I have tried to unsubscribe at least five times in the past month, but
|} have not been successful. Can you please take me off this list?
|}

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is because the list server is the electronic
equivalent of a book of the month club. Pay nothing now, and you can
UNSUBSCRIBE at any time! HA! HA! HA! HA! It has you for LIFE!

I've seen a bunch of these messages lately, and I just wanted to remind
you all that the LISTSERVer is a really nice machine, and it will do
all sorts of fun things for you, but it is a very simple machine so
you have to get the syntax right.

Send a message to the list *server*, NOT this list. Think of this as
sending messages to the Postmaster when you want a change in your
service. You wouldn't send a message to your own box and expect the
Postmaster to be reading your mail...

LISTSERV -at- osuvm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu

No subject line is required. On the first line, type:

SIGNOFF TECHWR-L

and send the message. It knows who you are, it reads your address.

Thank you for your support.
/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "She understood, as he did, that all writing
was infernally boring and futile, but that it had to be done out of respect
for tradition" --Stanislaw Lem