Re: Finding out if anyone rea

Subject: Re: Finding out if anyone rea
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 14:49:02 EST

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> A friend and I were discussing this last night over beers. His firm is
> purchasing software that requires attendance at a training course before
> the 'key' for the software is granted.

Coincidentally, the first firm I went to work for as a technical writer (way
back in 1984) was a turnkey hardware/software package for financial planners.
(It ran on Convergent Technologies equipment, which acted like PCs do now--
ahead of their time.) In any case, they required the buyer to attend a training
session at the factory in Atlanta before the system would be installed. That's
how I got to know about them...I was working for a financial planner who bought
the stuff. I don't know about others, but I found this approach extremely
helpful. By the time the hardware arrived in the office, I had a fairly good
idea about how it would be implemented, and had my files set up for quick
entry. (And I didn't know anything about computers before attending training.)

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI-PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com