Scalable vs. scaleable

Subject: Scalable vs. scaleable
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 04:10:00 UTC

>> When I asked people what they felt the spelling of scaleable (scalable)
>> should be . .

My advice is to use a good dictionary when you want good advice. The
memory fails most of us when it comes to remembering the spelling of the
umpteen <technical term> words in the English language. You already know
how I feel about spell checkers.

The longer I have been a writer/editor, the more (not less) I consult my
references. We have an obligation to our readers to do the best job we can.

-Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com