Gophering on the Web

Subject: Gophering on the Web
From: Judith Grobe Sachs <judygs -at- UIC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 17:25:42 CDT

LaVonna yesterday said she had access to the WWW, but not Gopher. Or
at least, I think that's what she said; I discarded the digest this
morning, so I can't check to make sure.

If you've got a Web Browser and a connection that lets you use it,
you've got Gopher. All you need is the URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
for the Gopher server of your choice. Of course, I think ours is one
of the best, so I'll use it for an example:

gopher://gopher.uic.edu

(Our Web home page is "under construction" as they often say, but it's
not bad either: http://www.uic.edu )

It's probably not wise to say this, but our online document library
is available in both, under "The Computer." I welcome comments on it.

Judy

Judith Grobe Sachs Telephone - (312)996-3758
Computer Center, University of Illinois at Chicago FAX - (312)996-6834
Bitnet: U11371 -at- UICVM Internet: judygs -at- uic -dot- edu