Re: Accessing Winhelp-L

Subject: Re: Accessing Winhelp-L
From: Christopher Salter <chris -at- LONCPS -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 1994 08:51:28 +0000

In Article <31av3a$elv -at- search01 -dot- news -dot- aol -dot- com> JPG3 writes:
>I've seen several references to the Winhelp-L newsgroup, but I
>access these things through America On Line, and their newsgroup
>search can't find it. I'm wondering if any of you might be able to
>supply the entire internet address of this entity?

John,
Winhelp-L is a mailing list. It is at the moment seperate from the
Usenet equivalent comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp

Both are fairly recent creations, Winhelp-L preceding the Usenet
group by a few months. There was an attempt to combine the two but
there were some technical problems. I'm not sure if and when another
attempt will be made. My personal advice would be to take both but if
I had to make a choice I would go for Winhelp-L. Here are the
instructions for subscribing. After you have subscribed you can chose
whether to receive it as individual emails or in the form of a digest.

1) All the commands below require you to send an unsigned enote to
the
following address:

Listserv -at- Admin -dot- HUmberC -dot- ON -dot- CA

2) Do not send these commands to Winhlp-L as they will not be acted
on
and will needlessly clog up member's mail boxes.

3) In the body of your enote, only include the commands as typed
below.
ANYTHING ELSE MIGHT CAUSE THE COMMANDS TO
FAIL.

4) Anything placed in the subject line will be ignored. Thus, you can
leave the subject line blank.

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Address: listserv -at- Admin -dot- HumberC -dot- ON -dot- CA
Message: signoff Winhlp-L

I'm not sure what you should put in the "your name" field. I thought the
listserv extracted your email address from the headers.

Chris
--
Christopher P Salter
London