How not to get a job (was Re: Job advertisements)

Subject: How not to get a job (was Re: Job advertisements)
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 23:37:12 -0600

On Wed, 31 Aug 1994, someone who shall go nameless wrote:

> I feel I have good writing skills. I am good at grammer and editing.
^^^^^^^

I normally overlook spelling errors and even sloppy constructions in email
and netnews posts. I know that most of us write these messages off the top
our heads and do so quickly. That said, however, the above is a paradox that
I think anyone in our field or attempting to get started in our field would
do well to avoid creating. The evidence belies the assertion.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * "I would find a way to make your death miser
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* -my girlfriend, discussing the possibility
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* of me racing motorcycles, to which she is
opposed