Criteria for hiring

Subject: Criteria for hiring
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 1994 04:47:00 UTC

Would it be too radical to suggest that I as a writer, and a darn good one
at that, resent being selected for an interview based on whether I know Word
Perfect or the Mac? Are these the most important skills I have to offer?

I haven't met a word processor yet that slowed me down for long. And. . .
if it's all that difficult to use the in-house word processing software,
shouldn't they hire a word processor to do it?

Marilynne (ducking)
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com