Re: They vs He/She

Subject: Re: They vs He/She
From: Louise Penberthy <louise -at- PRAVDA -dot- CC -dot- GATECH -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 11:42:52 -0400

In article <01HGK02BBD40009WR6 -at- mr -dot- srs -dot- gov>,
George F. Hayhoe III <george -dot- hayhoe -at- srs -dot- gov> wrote:
>[.....]
>PS--Would anyone seriously use "it" to refer to their child?

I think British people may use "it." I've seen it in books, for
instance. And I had an English professor in college who called
all children under seven "it." She said they were all the same
up until then. She was a character.

-- Louise Penberthy

--
Louise Penberthy | O Goddess, keep me in the company of
LCC | those who seek the truth, and preserve