How to mention tradenames?

Subject: How to mention tradenames?
From: Herman van den Bergen <VDBERGEN -at- UOTTAWA -dot- BITNET>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 18:53:56 EDT

Dear writers,

I have written some technical documentation and make frequent references
to products and company names (like IBM, DOS, WINDOWS, etc.).

Can I do this freely or do I have to list all these names and state
that they are tradenames? Is there a standard phrase/procedure for this
purpose?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!
Herman.

Herman van den Bergen - School of Psychology Technical Supp. Service
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1N 6N5
Tel:613 564-9160 - Fax:613 564-9903 - VDBERGEN -at- ACADVM1 -dot- UOTTAWA -dot- CA