"Mapping" and Tech.Writing

Subject: "Mapping" and Tech.Writing
From: laila <shamji -at- EXPERT -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 12:43:48 EST

Hello,

I am an international student at Purdue University, in Indiana, and am
currently pursuing a Bachelor's in Professional Writing. Presently, I
am taking a course entitled "Writing for the Computer Industry," and
my instructor has a book called "The Power of Maps" by Denis Wood, as
one of our required reading materials. However, I do not seem to
understand the importance of 'mapping'in relation to technical
writing.

Obviously, I will ask my instructor for an answer, but I was wondering
if anyone on the list could shed some light on this issue. I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Laila Shamji
shamji -at- expert -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu