salary ranges in florida

Subject: salary ranges in florida
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 14:12:50 EDT

Anne Halsey asked about salaries in West Palm Beach:

I'm in Boston, so I don't have concrete data. But, I've been following
salary/job data in Florida for a while. According to the latest STC salary
survey, tech writing salaries in Florida are well below the national average.
This survey, however, is for the entire state and does not break down by
region.

On the other hand, West Palm Beach is also home to Pratt & Whitney. I
received a job offer from them a few years back, and the figure was quite
competitive with other offers. Actually, when the standard of living is
factored in, the P&W deal was probably better than the offer from GE that
I accepted. (So why did I go to Boston? Because my in-laws live near West
Palm Beach.) P&W ought to drag the area figures up somewhat, I would think.

Rick Lippincott
I can send, but not receive at work. Address personal replies to:
rjlippincott -at- delphi -dot- com