Re: marketing for contractors

Subject: Re: marketing for contractors
From: Elizabeth Hanes Betsy Perry <ehp648c -at- CRUSHER -dot- DUKEPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 09:43:22 -0400

> What I'm looking for is ways other people have used to drum up business.
> For example, a moderately successful tactic of mine is to look in the paper
> to see who's hiring developers and QA techs and send them a direct mail
> piece suggesting that these activities imply stepped up development, which
> often has a short-term affect on the TW staff -- I'd be happy to step in
> and help out.

Our local STC has a contractors' SIG which met monthly for several
months; we got to know each other and traded leads, legal/accounting
advice, and so on. Very helpful; in fact, the "Give them a day or two
free" advice came from one of those meetings.

How did I get my current contract? Well, it seems my father-in-law
sent my resume to everybody he knew, and one of them paid off... how
embarrassing.

Betsy Perry