Kermitting WordPerfect Files- VMS to Windows

Subject: Kermitting WordPerfect Files- VMS to Windows
From: lawrence lavigne jr <ltl2 -at- MAX -dot- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 18:57:24 -0400

Hi. I have a lot of trouble kermitting large (1MB or more) files from
VMS at work to my home computer. I consistently run up against a
"user's buffer too small" type message 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the
transfer.
I have tried changing packet sizes, using fixed and binary formats, but
it doesn't seem to do anything.
The files I am transferring are WP 5.2 with lots of tables and bitmaps.
Although I have several file transfer programs available to me through
Windows, I only have kermit on VMS.
Do any of you file transfer educated writers have suggestions on what
else I can try?? (I did check with our MIS group and they couldn't help)
thanx!!
Nancy Lavigne
ltl2 -at- max -dot- tiac -dot- net