Online reviewing

Subject: Online reviewing
From: Steve Ino <sji -at- PLAZA -dot- DS -dot- ADP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 10:49:13 -0700

I am investigating the possibility of handling some of our publication
reviewing electronically, since all of our in-house reviewers are linked via
the network and have access to the same applications and documents.

Once I put a copy of a document on the network for reviewers to peruse, how
do reviewers make their comments (other than using redlined text or making
bracketed comments)? I think there's a software package that allows users to
insert sticky notes in a document, but I'm not sure if this package provides
enough flexibility and space for extensive comments.

I'd like to hear from others who have taken their review process online. Our
development tools are pretty simple: Word Perfect for Windows and COREL
Draw. Are there dedicated reviewing software packages or other usable tools
that will run on a Windows PC?

BTW, during the review process I'm not very concerned with copy editing,
since we have an editor. I'm mainly concerned with reviewing for technical
accuracy.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Steve