ISO 9660 and CD-ROM

Subject: ISO 9660 and CD-ROM
From: Richard Sobocinski <"Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207"@CCMAIL.PNL.GOV>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 08:51:00 -0700

I am looking for ISO standards relating to standard file naming convention
used
for CD-ROM data files. I have been told that ISO standard #9660 covers this
and
can be found on Internet. I have explored using Gopher but cannot locate
anything relating to Internation Standards.

Can anyone tell me if any of the ISO standards are available on Internet? I
am
also interested in the ISO standard for sheet (paper) sizes, but do not know
its
number.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Cordell

From what I know, ISO standards are NOT published on the 'Net
(not legally, anyway). There is an ISO-9000 list, though. I
think the listserver is at NODAK.

Rich
Joyce F. Woods & J.Cordell Woods / Consultants
Cactus Software & Communications, Inc.
3151 Main Street NE; Blaine MN 55449-6112
voice 612/757-6916 fax 612/757-4515 email jfwoods -at- maroon -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu