WWW and .gif files

Subject: WWW and .gif files
From: Michele Berkes 615-576-2352 <BERKESM -at- A1 -dot- OSTI -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 13:25:00 -0400

Greetings techwhirlers!

I am part of a team that is converting and tagging documents in HTML to
put up on the Department of Energy's World Wide Web server. I'd like to
talk with some of you who are doing WWW work about how you handle
creating .gif files and how you handle large tables. Currently, we are
doing our development on PCs (IBM compatibles? DOS-based systems? anyone
want to reopen that thread? ;-) ) and our graphics conversion is done by
our graphics department on Macintoshes.

I get this list as a digest, so please respond to me directly and I'll
post a summary if there's enough interest.

Thanks,
Michele Berkes
Writer/Editor, Labat-Anderson Incorporated, OSTI Support Operations
DOE/Office of Scientific and Technical Information, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
berkesm -at- a1 -dot- osti -dot- gov

P.S. I recall reading somewhere about a couple (3?) World Wide Web
lists. Anyone know how to get in touch with them?