Performant

Subject: Performant
From: Laura Johnson <lauraj -at- CND -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 21:03:02 GMT

Suddenly, I'm seeing the word "performant" in many internal
documents. It appears to mean "fast": a "performant" application
is one that has high performance, that performs well, that is fast.

Is this a local idiosyncrasy? If not, does it mean anything besides
"fast"?

--
Laura Johnson * lauraj -at- fc -dot- hp -dot- com * Hewlett Packard NSMD * Ft. Collins, CO

"You have to remember that American publishers believe that their readers
are Spam-sucking trailer trash who'll buy whatever's shoved on the stand at
the local store, and it embarrasses them when they take an interest."
- Terry Pratchett