Re: What color suits interviews?

Subject: Re: What color suits interviews?
From: Judy Glick-Smith <glick -at- NS1 -dot- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 08:06:43 -0500

I hire technical communicators on a regular basis. TCs as a rule are a
pretty individual group of people. While I don't mind if someone
interviews with me in a suit, I would prefer the person to wear what they
are comfortable in. Some people are quite comfortable in a suit. If
someone showed up in an olive-colored suit, I would question their taste
(I don't like that color), but I would not question their professionalism
because of that. When interviewing in corporate America, whether for a
job or for in a sales capacity, the navy blue suit is the best bet. (John
Malloy statistically proved this.) I have also read that for women,
a charcoal grey, skirted suit is the best for the first time interview.

Judy Glick-Smith
Integrated Documentation, Inc.