Re: Windows '95

Subject: Re: Windows '95
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 19:17:18 -0700

>Is single-clicking that much more intuitive to perform this specific task?

It's not intuition, it's dexterity. Maybe it's the faster machines; maybe
it's moving among several systems; maybe I'm just losing it. For whatever
reason, recently I've experienced a lot of failed double-clicks. It doesn't
seem to matter how I set the double-click speed either.

I prefer programs like Quarterdeck's Sidebar, which use the single-click
approach. It takes me a little time to remember to stop double-clicking,
though, because it's so ingrained.

While I'm venting on this theme, I find Word6's "smart" selection behavior
almost unbearable. It's always thwarting me by doing what it "thinks" I
want. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org