double-clicking / was Windows '95

Subject: double-clicking / was Windows '95
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 09:28:17 -0500

I talked with an acquaintance last night who had never
used Windows or a mouse before yesterday. He said that
sometimes the mouse would work when he clicked on an icon,
and sometimes it wouldn't.

(Yes, I know that he was probably clicking faster than the
click speed was set for, but I felt that telling him to adjust
his double-click speed was a bit much for him. Besides, the
computer was in a classroom.)

Anyway, I thought this story relates to the question Chuck asked
about double clicking not being intuitive. I would say that for
this guy, indeed, double clicking at the proper speed was not
intuitive.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com