Re: Mouse vs keyboard (was Re: Windows '95)

Subject: Re: Mouse vs keyboard (was Re: Windows '95)
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 10:35:00 PDT

Well, it all depends...

Being the self-proclaimed Queen of Laziness (read Efficiency), I find that I
use the procedure that is the most convenient at that moment. If I am busy
typing away, the mouse seems miles away & quite a distraction; thus I use a
keystroke shortcut (and have memorized the most frequently used--others I
just keystroke through the menus).

However, if I am pointing-and-clicking away on graphics or large text
manipulation, it would be a hindrance to even hit the Enter key to say OK to
a confirmation prompt (and I have the location of most of the sub-windows
memorized, too, so I can anticipate them & place my pointer nearby awaiting
the appearance of the button I want to click).

The most wonderful technique, however, is the use of the macro. You'd be
amazed at the tasks you can automate! Oh, I LOVE computers! ;-`)

--Queen Sally

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA
I've always been surprised by the number of people who (for example)
pick up the mouse to select the current line of text. It's so much
easier, IMHO, to press <Home><Shift-End>. It's rather frustrating to
watch an "expert" picking zir way slowly through a series of editing
tasks.

How do other people feel?
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)