Re: MOOs and MUDs

Subject: Re: MOOs and MUDs
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 13:57:08 -0700

Gwen Gall said:
> I am interested in this information as well. I thought a MUD was some kind of
> cyberspace game?

It can be used as a game, but it can also just be used an Internet
private conference room. Using simple commands, any number of people
can discuss a topic. All at the same time if they want.:)

I used this extensively a few years ago when I was on a VM machine
with no equivalent to the UNIX 'talk' command. I suppose that is the
one case for which I would recommend a MUD over ytalk--if you don't
all have UNIX machines with talk or ytalk.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com